ORF Expression Clones
Ready to Express
Source BioScience LifeSciences Full ORF
(Open Reading Frame) Expression Clones contain the complete coding
sequences for genes of interest - exactly in frame, from start- to
stopcodon. Due to the flexible Gateway® cloning system, we offer
ready-to-use Expression Clones for E. coli, yeast,
the baculo system and mammalian cells. Various fusion tags such as
His6, GST or V5 are available.
All inserts are fully sequence-verified.
We guarantee for the absence of frame shifts or stopcodons in
You can generate your own Full ORF Expression
Clone, using the flexible Full ORF Shuttle Clone with
Gateway® entry vector.
How to find Full ORF Clones
You can search by:
- Keywords or general IDs (like accession number, clone ID,...)
- Sequence similarity (Blast)
- Download pathway list or the complete clone set information,
including systematic annotation.
We are continuously expanding our Full
ORF Clone Collection. If a clone for your gene of interest is not
available, please contact customer
Full ORF Expression Clones
are the source for in depth gene analysis. Fields of
- Recombinant protein expression in various systems
- Protein expression using fusion tags (N- and/or
- Functional assays
- Protein characterization
- Protein localization studies
- In vitro transcription
To express your gene of interest, simply:
- Select the Full ORF Expression Clone with the desired vector
and tag for this gene.
- Introduce this clone into the appropriate host (e.g. bacteria,
yeast, baculovirus, mammalian cell) and express your favourite
Many ORFs are available with or without
stopcodon - annotated in your search hit. The availability of both
formats provides the freedom of choice to produce native proteins
or C-terminal fusion constructs.