ORF Shuttle Clones
Full ORF (Open Reading Frame) Shuttle Clones contain the
complete coding sequences for genes of interest - exactly in frame,
from start to stopcodon. Due to the flexible Gateway® cloning
system, the Shuttle Clones are a flexible source for protein
expression in E. coli, yeast, the baculo system and
mammalian cells. You can create your own expression clones by
shuttling the ORF into the desired Gateway® expression vector.
All inserts are fully sequence
verified, in particular: no frame shift, no stopcodon in frame.
To speed up your research, choose the
ready-to-use Full ORF Expression Clone.
How to find Full ORF Clones
You can search by:
- Keywords or general IDs (like accession number, clone ID,...)
- Sequence similarity (Blast)
Source BioScience LifeSciences are continuously expanding our
Full ORF Clone Collection. If a clone for your gene of interest is
not available, please contact customer
Full ORF Clones
are the preferred source for in-depth gene analysis.
Fields of application are:
- Recombinant protein expression in various systems
- Protein expression using fusion tags (N- and/or
- Functional assays
- Protein characterization
- Protein localization studies
- In vitro transcription
- Easy shuttling of ORFs for advanced research
To express your gene of interest:
- Choose the corresponding flexible Full ORF Shuttle Clone with
Gateway® entry vector.
- Generate your own expression clone by shuttling the ORF into
the Gateway® expression vector of your choice.
- Introduce your expression clone into the appropriate host and
express the protein.
Many ORFs are available with or without
stopcodon - annotated in your search hit. The availability of both
formats provides the freedom of choice to produce native proteins
or C-terminal fusion constructs.