Affymetrix GeneChip® Human Mapping Arrays
• The GeneChip ® Mapping arrays from Affymetrix enable
genotyping of 10,000 to 1,000,000 single nucleotide polymorphisms
(SNPs) on single or paired microarrays.
• SNPs were identified and chosen from the SNP Consortium
database. SNPs may occur in sequences where they functionally
affect a gene or they may be in apparently non-functional
sequences. In either case SNPs can be used as bi-allelic genetic
markers for the localisation of genes underlying disease. The
result can be a highly informative genome-wide linkage or
associated map that can then be used to test linkage or association
to a phenotype.
In partnership with Source BioScience LifeSciences, GeneChip®
assays can genotype 10,000, 50,000, 250,000, 500,000 or 1 million
SNPs in a single DNA hybridisation. This platform together with the
unique personalised expertise of Source BioScience
LifeSciences means that you can save time, increase throughput of
SNP genotyping on a previously unprecedented genome-wide scale,
obtain the most power in linkage and assocation genotyping from
your families and populations and reduce your costs. These
GeneChips have also been shown to be excellent tools in determining
loss of heterozygosity and chromosomal copy number variation.
Why choose this product:
• Large numbers of SNPs with high percentage calls and high call
• Maximises linkage across the genome in your families, able to
detect associations in populations
• GeneChip data also allows identification of chromosomal copy
number variation (CNV) on a genome-wide scale
• Only 250ng of each genomic DNA required per GeneChip®
• Fully automated genotype calling
Use Source BioScience LifeSciences because:
• Fast turnaround time of the experiments to meet your
• Long-standing experience of Affymetrix arrays and technology
with our well respected Affymetrix quantitative gene expression
• Optimised protocols for high-throughput processing meaning your
experiments go faster and are cheaper.
• Ten years experience of genetic studies and genetic approaches
to finding disease genes through HGMP RC Linkage Hotel.
process outline (pdf)
project with pricing
E-mail: Genotyping Team