1.2 For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Source BioScience UK Limited of 1 Orchard Place, Nottingham Business Park, Nottingham NG8 6PX.
1.3 Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Dr Nicholas Watson Ash
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.lifesciences.sourcebioscience.com (our "Website"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders; and
- details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access.
3. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
3.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
3.2 For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to our Website.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4.1 The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
4.3 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this username and password confidential. We ask that you not to share your username and password with anyone.
4.4 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
5.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- notify you about changes to our service.
5.2 We may also use your data (or permit selected third parties to use your data) for marketing and publicity purposes or to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, and we (or they) may contact you about these.
5.3 If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
5.4 If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
5.5 If you do not want us to use your data in the way set out in this paragraph, or to pass your details on to third parties, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
6.1 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in Section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
6.2 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Source BioScience UK Limited is (or substantially all of its assets are) acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
7. YOUR RIGHTS
7.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively contact a Customer Services representative at: email@example.com or on: +44 (0)115 973 9018.
7.2 Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of advertisers, affiliates and relevant third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.